A stir-fry is a great way to incorporate fibrous veggies and lean protein, making it ideal for any diet. Try out this meaty recipe to feed your gains!
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup sodium-free beef broth
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb flank steak, cut into thin slices
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ orange, segment and cut into thin pieces
- Steam broccoli until crisp and tender
- In small bowl, combine orange juice, beef broth, cornstarch, and soy sauce with whisk. Mix until all lumps are gone.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add meat and garlic to skillet; cook until meat is no longer pink, about 2-3 minutes. Drain liquid from pan and return skillet to heat.
- Add orange juice mixture to skillet and bring to a simmer. Heat for about a minute or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and stir in steamed broccoli and orange slices. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):30g protein, 10g carbs, 10g fat
Makes 4 servings (1 ½ cups per serving)